Our essay topics have been closely modeled on those in the SAT. You can also do the essays given in the first section of each of the tests in the Official Study Guide.
Each of the topics consists of a prompt and an assignment.
"That which we obtain too easily, we esteem too lightly. It is dearness only which gives everything its value."
Do we value only what we struggle for? Plan your response, and then write an essay to explain your views on this issue. Be sure to support your position with specific points and examples. (You may use personal examples or examples from your reading, observations, or, knowledge of subjects such as history, literature, science.)
If we are afraid to reveal our lack of knowledge we will not be able to learn. In order to make progress we must admit where we are now. Such an admission of ignorance is not easy. As Thoreau says, How can we remember our ignorance which our growth requires, when we are using our knowledge all the time?
Does the present system of education encourage us to admit our lack of knowledge, or is there too much pressure to demonstrate the acquisition of knowledge? Plan your response, and then write an essay...
A little inaccuracy saves a world of explanation.
Is it always essential to tell the truth, or are there circumstances in which it is better to lie? Plan your response, and then write an essay...
Many societies believe that the pursuit of happiness is a fundamental human right. But it is also true that attainment of happiness remains elusive. Perhaps Bertrand Russell had it right when he said, To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness.
What gives us more pleasure and satisfaction: the pursuit of our desires or the attainment of them? Plan your response, and then write an essay...
The price of greatness is responsibility.
Do we expect too much from our public figures? Plan your response, and then write an essay...
A man should never be ashamed to own he has been in the wrong, which is but saying, in other words, that he is wiser today than he was yesterday.
Do we learn more from finding out that we have made mistakes or from our successful actions? Plan your response, and then write an essay...
What man calls civilization always results in deserts. Man is never on the square he uses up the fat and greenery of the earth. Each generation wastes a little more of the future with greed and lust for riches.
With our modern awareness of ecology are we likely to make sufficient progress in conservation, or are we still in danger of damaging the earth beyond repair? Plan your response, and then write an essay...
A man who waits to believe in action before acting is anything you like, but he is not a man of action. It is as if a tennis player before returning the ball stopped to think about his views of the physical and mental advantages of tennis. You must act as you breathe.
Is it true that acting quickly and instinctively is the best response to a crisis? Or are there times when an urgent situation requires a more careful consideration and a slower response? Plan your response, and then write an essay...
There is usually a kernel of truth in the words Oscar Wilde puts in the mouth of his most outrageous characters they wouldnt be funny otherwise. One such gem that is worth pondering is: The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never of any use to oneself.
Is it true that when we most need advice we are least willing to listen to it? Or is good advice always welcome? Plan your response, and then write an essay...
Independence? Thats middle class blasphemy. We are all dependent on one another, every soul of us on earth. Bernard Shaw expected to provoke controversy with these words, but I would agree with him that these days there is too much emphasis on independence. While it is certainly true that excessive dependence on others is not a sign of maturity, total independence of others is neither attainable nor desirable: we need to be mature, and unselfish enough to recognize our interdependence.
Do we put too much emphasis on self-reliance and independence, and are we afraid of admitting that we need other people in our lives? Plan your response, and then write an essay...
The SAT tests your writing skills in two ways:
- SAT Essay - one essay to be written in 25 minutes
- SAT Grammar questions - two sections, one of 25 minutes and one of 10 minutes
Use our SAT essay section to get clear advice on how to handle the essay. We have a topic list from which you can select some essays to practice. You can get your teacher to correct your essays or use our essay evaluation grid to help you estimate your own score.
The grammar questions are of three types:
- Identification of sentence errors
- Sentence correction
- Editing in context
Our 10 free SAT grammar practice tests give you practice on all the types of question you will encounter on the test. You can get explanations for any questions that you get wrong.
For further discussion of typical grammar problems you can refer to a book such as the Kaplan SAT Writing Workbook. This book also has a good section on how to improve your essay writing.
+ see more popular essays- hide popular essays
- Goal-Setting Theory of Motivation
- Soren's Chemicals
- White Collar Crime
- Bank of America Five Force Analysis
- Marketing Management Case Study - Coach Inc.
- Ethical Leadership Is Mostly About Leadership Integrity. Discuss
- Strategy Easyjet
- My Sisters Keeper Essay
- Klemens Von Metternich
- Contemporary Hospitality Industry
- Assingments 2012-2013
- Reflection on Team Work
- Value Line
- Business Ethics Paper
- Tombow in Japan
- Nike Financial Analysis
- Agatha Christie : the Queen of Crime - Paper
- Harnischfeger Case
- Palamon Capital Partners/Teamsystem
- Synthesis and Component Analysis of an Iron (Iii) Oxalate Complex
- Female Characters in ,, Hero of Our Timeâ by Lermontov
- Positive Psychology
- Canada Goose
- Preparation of 2-Acetylcyclohexanone
- Pullman's Ideolgy in Northern Lights
- The Lymphatic System
- I Hear America Singing
- Interview with a Bilingual
- The Ipremier Company
- Air Thread
- Dispute Resolution and Non-adjudicative Processes
- Case Beth Israel Harvard
- Research Paper on Maya Civilization
- Joining in Counselling
- Comparing and Contrasting 1984 and V for Vendetta
- Barriers to Effective Pain Management
- Marxist Analysis of the American Dream
- Mahindra in South Africa
- Research Paper on Type 2 Diabetes
- Gm Food Research Paper
- Maya Collapse
- Substance Abuse
- Graduate Study Challenges and Strategies for Personal Success
- Children of Men by P.D. James
- Case Study Analysis
- Blink - Book Review
- Review of Science of Sex Appeal Documentary
- Unit 36 P5
- The Golden Era of East Coast Hip-Hop
- Analysis of Maxine Hong Kingston 'No Name Woman'
- Hesiod Versus Ovid
- Developing Professional Practice
- Formal Analysis, Contextualizing, and Compare and Contrast of the Egyptian Sculpture of Isis Nursing Horus and the Byzantine Icon, the Virgin of Vladimir
- History: Spanish Colonization of the Americas and Spanish Conquest
- The Major Factors That Led Rome and the Hellenistic Kingdom to Clash
- Stock Valuation and Risk
- Port Huron Statement Analysis
- Byzantine Empire vs China
- Toddler Observation Paper
- Adjusting Entries
- Effects of Nurse Staffing on Patients Outcomes
- Financial Management (Capital Budgeting Mini Case)
- Analysis on the Poem 'Dover Beach' by Matthew Arnold
- Technologies: a Friend or a Foe? - Argumentative Essay
- Ikemefuna's Death
- The Difference Between Leaders and Managers Essay Plan
- Mariot Market Segmentation and Targeting
- Marketing Planning for Toyota Camry
- Evaluate Amazonâs Diversification Strategy.
- Case Yell Group
- Case of Movie Industry
- Walmart Case Study
- Use of Software-Generated Information to Make Organizational Decisions
- Whole Foods Market, 2005: Will There Be Enough Organic Food to Satisfy the Growing Demand?
- China Southern Airline Market Analysis
- Corruption in China
- Theme in 'Shakespeare in Love'
- Aqualisa Quartz Case Analysis
- Do Childern Learn Better in Boys-Only and Girls-Only Schools?
- Business Strategy for Facebook
- Why Does Each of the Five Generic Competitive Strategies Require a Different Set of Product/Market/Distinctive Competency Choices?
- The Body Shop International Plc
- Scharffen Berger Chocolate Case Study
- Raleigh & Rosse Case Study
- Multivariate Data Analysis
- P&G Japan: the Sk-Ii Globalization Project
- Example Question
- Competitive Environment
- The Three Industrial Revolutions
- The Harnswell Sewing Machine Company
- Comparative Financial Analysis of Easyjet & Ryanair
- Case Study Bob Knowlton
- Explain How Biological Factors May Affect One Cognitive Process
- Curled Metal Inc Essay
- Study on Online Gambling Market
- Final Lab Report Sample
- Evaluation and Critique of Iamsar Manual Vol Iii
- Affinity Plus Case Hbs
- Robin Hood Case Analysis
- A Case Study on Cost Estimation and Profitability Analysis at Continental Airlines
- Human Resource Managemnt
- Johnson Beverage Inc
- Credit Life Insurance
- Ad-Lider Embalagens, Sa: Marketing Research for Drawstring Thrash Bags in Brazil
- The Eyes of the Skin Analysis
- Precise Software Solutions
- Emily Dickinson's Success Is Counted Sweetest Criticism
- Walt Disney Case Study
- Irony in Oedipus the King
- Graphic Design
- General Motors Value Chain
- Importance of Financial Statements to Managers, Investors and Creditors
- Codman & Shurtleff
- Six Sigma at 3m, Inc.
- West Jet Case Study
- Dd303 âthe Way We Speak Determines How We Thinkâ. Critically Evaluate This Statement, Drawing on the Key Theories and Research That Describe the Relationship Between Language and Thought
- The Three Waves of Feminism
- Case Analysis: Blanchard Importing and Distributing Co. Inc. (Hbs Case 9 - 673 - 033)
- Case Four Star
- Disruptive Innovation
- Critical Analysis of the Oral Testimony of Maya Rani on the Partition of India
- Behaviourism: History, Principles & Contributions
- Hcc Industries
- Strategic Planning at the Chronicle Gazette
- Efficiency of Public Transportation System
- Bmw's Operation Management
- Revlon Strategic Plan
- Toyota Motor Corporation Organization Strategies
- Management-Challenges and Solutions
- Comparative Education
- Network Marketing
- Contaminated Land Case Study - Flat Bush
- Scientific Management and Human Relations Movement
- Internal Auditing Case Study
- Organizational Behaviour
- Six Dangerous Myth About Pay
- Cherie Cosmetics
- How Can Resourcing and Development Add Value to the Modern Workplace?
- Assignment 1 Pret a Manger
- 'The Birth of Swatch' Case Analysis
- Impact of Technology on Business
- Tiger Airways Marketing
- Louis Vuitton Case
- China and Usa: a Comparison of Their Monetary Policies
- The Body Shop
- Toyota, Resources Analysis
- Reebok Marketing Plan
- Managing Financial Resources
- The Body Shop Marketing Report
- Renova Marketing Plan
- Nokia Microsoft Alliance
- Amaranth Case
- Key Success Factors for Amazon
- Google's Organizational Culture
- Cineplex Entertainment
- Automobile Industry Pest Analysis
- Clocky the Run Away Alarm Clock
- The Trophy Project
- Loewen Group
- Celta Assignment - Focus on the Learner
- Summary of Facts of the Case Study
- Coloplast Organizational Structure
- Durkheim and the Relevance of His Theories in Modern Society
- Mobile Banking for the Unbanked
- Russian Standard Vodka Case Study
- Essay on Business Ethics
- The Euro in Crisis: Decision Time at the European Central Bank
- Radiographer's Role in Operation Theatre
- Strategic Planning Case Study- Dunkin Donuts
- Obesity Literature Review
- Acca Per Questions
- Enterprise 2.0: Do Companies Need It to Survive?
- Mis Mdcm Case Analysis
- Case Study
- Economics-Monsantoâs Roundup Case Study
- Wal Mart Case Study 'The Challenge of Managing Relationships with Stakeholders'
- Strategic Business Plan for Citigroup
- Foldrite Case
- Kardell Paper Company Ethics Case
- âthe Only Autonomous Decisions Which Are Worthy of Protection Are Those Based Upon Sound Moral Values.â Do You Agree?
- Decision Making Cycle
- Confessions of an Advertising Man Book Review
- Managing Financial Principles and Techniques
- Media Ethics Potter Box
- Solution on Southern Discomfort Case