A cover letter is a brief description of your qualifications and motivation to apply to an open job description. It is important to craft your cover letter to specifically address both the field and individual job that you are applying for, making the letter your unique introduction to an employer.
When thinking about what you would like to say in a cover letter, looking at a free certified medical assistant cover letter sample can help you decide what to focus on. Check out the tips with the letter to find out more ways to build your own version.
Free Certified Medical Assistant Cover Letter Sample
Dear Mr. Bryson,
When I was a child, I helped my mom take care of my little brother after he had broken his leg. This experience made a big impact on me and was an influencing factor in my deciding to pursue a health care career. In applying for your open medical assistant position, I am not only a qualified medical assistant, but a caring person as well.
Your position at Allied Assisted Living is a good fit for my experience working in long-term care. My first job was in food services at a nursing home where I had lots of interaction with the residents. I learned the importance of treating elders with respect and communicating effectively with them to understand their food preferences and requirements.
I now have completed my education and have successfully passed the certified medical assistant exam. This process included an internship at a long-term care facility where I performed all the duties of a certified medical assistant and earned excellent reviews.
I look forward to learning more about this opportunity with Allied. You will find me a warm person who is concerned with the comfort and dignity of others. Thank you for your consideration.
What to Include in a Certified Medical Assistant Cover Letter
It is key to clearly convey your professional certification on your cover letter to make sure there is no question whether you are a valid applicant for the position. As in this free certified medical assistant cover letter sample, you can tell a brief story about what interests you in the medical field to engage the hiring manager while keeping the tone professional.
Industry Specific Skills to Include
To be relevant, a cover letter like this free certified medical assistant cover letter sample must relate directly to the position being applied for. In addition, it is a perfect place to highlight skills that pertain to the medical assistant duty profile.
• Analytical and Detail-Oriented: Medical assistants must be able to both read and document medical information in patient records.
• Compassionate: A caring demeanor and patience are a must when working in the medical field.
• Interpersonal Skills: Being able to communicate well with both patients and other healthcare staff is important.
• Technical Aptitude: Medical assistants must have the technical knowledge to use basic medical equipment.
Certified Medical Assistant Cover Letter
Certified Medical Assistants are employed by medical offices and are in charge for completing a variety of duties: filling insurance claims, taking phone calls, welcoming patients, maintaining medical records, scheduling appointments, collecting lab specimens, sterilizing medical equipment, administering medication, explaining treatment plans to patients, preparing examination rooms for the next patient, providing emotional support to patients, and providing first aid when needed.
Our collection of cover letter samples for Certified Medical Assistants reveals the following job requirements:
- Basic clinical skills
- Medical teamwork
- Being able to work under pressure
- Bedside manners
- Organizational skills
- Stamina and resilience to stress
- Computer competences
- Counseling skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal abilities
A well-written cover letter example showcasing relevant Certified Medical Assistant abilities is visible just beneath.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Certified Medical Assistant Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Brown:
As a skilled medical professional with experience working alongside physician teams to ensure smooth and efficient office operations as well as superior patient care, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume in response to your search for a Certified Medical Assistant. My background and skill set positions me to substantially assist your medical team in meeting—and exceeding—its healthcare goals.
My experience spans nine years of substantial contributions to fast-paced physician offices, supporting up to 19 family practice physicians and nurse practitioners in all facets of office operations—from scheduling appointments and managing records to monitoring vitals and preparing patients for examinations. My ability to adeptly coordinate patient service and enhance patient satisfaction positions me to excel in this role. Documenting patient information, communicating with laboratory staff, and delivering comprehensive medical instructions to patients are just a few of many tasks at which I excel, consistently providing a superior level of compassionate patient care and support.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Assisting a team of three internists and two nurse practitioners in my most recent position as a CMA with Pathway Medical Center, promoting positive patient flow by escorting patients to their appropriate offices, efficiently monitoring and documenting vitals, and ensuring full patient readiness in accordance with physician and NP schedules/availability.
- Providing overarching administrative support for medical offices, including call answering/routing, supply orders/inventory control, confidential records management, and employee scheduling.
- Tasked with mentoring, training, and supervising new medical assistants.
- Communicating with patients professionally and compassionately, from initial visit scheduling through follow-up care.
- Interacting with patients to manage expectations and ensure continuity of care.
With my expertise in supporting physicians and nurse practitioners with comprehensive patient care and treatment, as well as general medical office operations, I am confident that I can greatly contribute to your practice. I look forward to discussing this opportunity and my qualifications in more detail. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Dawn J. Smith